*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Wednesday

DIY Dishwasher Tabs Recipe

I have been using these since making them the other day and they are working just as good, if not better than, the commercial brand I have been paying out the wazoo for. I thought I would share and save some other folks a few bucks...

In a medium size mixing bowl, combine:
1 Cup Washing Soda
1 Cup Borax
1/4 Cup Epsom Salt
1 Package Lemon or Orange Flavored Unsweetened Drink Mix (For scent and citric acid)

Stir well to mix all these dry ingredients, then add 1/2 Cup white vinegar, a little at a time, stirring after each addition.

You may need to add more or less vinegar. The goal is to end up with a wet mixture that isn't runny. A tad wetter than what you would need sand to be, if you were making a castle or something. It will look like this...


 Now, spoon this mixture into cube size molds. An ice tray would be ideal. I don't have any ice trays, so I used an 18 count egg carton and it worked just fine.





I was able to get exactly 18 tabs. Let the tabs dry overnight or longer. They need to be completely dry before you remove them from their molds. Store in a jar or some other container. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!!!!!!!  When ready to use, just toss into the bottom of the dishwasher. These will not fit into the dispenser. I use vinegar in my rinse agent dispenser, with no problems at all.

Even though I have used these with fabulous results and am tickled pink, I have to add that, if you choose to make and use these, you do so at your own risk and that I in no way guarantee that you will receive results similar to my own.

Thanks for stopping by!!!



My Jamberry Nail Shields Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!