*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Wednesday

Super-Yummy Brownies!

This is the recipe I always use for brownies. They take a bit longer than other brownie recipes I have tried and the stirring gets a bit labor intensive, but they are so worth it! Sorry, I have no picture but, like most things I cook around here, the family descended upon them like a plague of locusts! The recipe comes from Diana's Kitchen.

Fudge Brownies

3/4 cup cocoa, unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts ( I never add these )

Combine cocoa and baking soda in mixing bowl; blend in 1/3 cup of the vegetable oil. Add boiling water and stir until thickened. Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining vegetable oil; stir until batter is smooth. Stir in flour, vanilla, and salt, mixing until well blended. Fold in chopped nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.

1 comment:

I love comments!