*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Wednesday

Tidbits from Tuesday

  Yes, I am well aware that it is already Wednesday! My blog is like my life... sometimes things just have to happen, when they have time to happen. So, as I sit here, listening to an owl outside my window, trying to ignore the wretched sound of Percy (my dog) gleefully crunching a stolen Dorito's chip, I shall type about my Tuesday...

  Well, first of all, I didn't get to sleep late this morning. I did try and  I almost got away with it. Renni had spent the night and was sweet enough to take the girls to the bus and let me sleep. But Hubs decided to wake me, right after she left with the girls, because... Care to guess? The house was on fire? Nope! I had suddenly stopped snoring, which startled him awake, and he simply had to be sure I was still breathing? NOPE! He woke me to ask, "Honey, where are the diapers?" What? Is he new here? Some of you may be thinking, "How sweet, he tried to help, he wanted to let her sleep, but was forced to wake her anyway." Not so...

  I didn't come to town with the fair. I know that he knows where to find a diaper. "Honey, where are the diapers?", translated to Hubinese, actually means : Jeez, can't she hear that baby crying? If she doesn't wake soon, I'm gonna have to pause the morning news and walk in there myself and wake her. <makes way from living room to bedroom> Sniff. Sniff. Wowzers, that kid must have a dead animal in her pants! < stumbles around and shuffles a few things near the dresser, to appear to be searching for something> Honey, where are the diapers? < Waits for me to sit up and open one eye. Hands Ross to me and RUNS!> That's right! This man, who would pay good money to track,  then face down a man eating bear and shoot it,  the mighty hunter that I know and adore, turns into a squat-to- pee-sissy, at the first whiff of a poopy diaper!

  But anyway, the day turned out just fine in the end, sort of...

 I made burgers for dinner. Tallen ate all his Ore-Ida, ABC shaped, tator tots, then had a complete meltdown. He lives and breathes the alphabet. Normally, he probably would have just hidden the tots somewhere to spell words with later. But they smelled so good, he just couldn't help but to eat them . He came to me shaking and sobbing, waving his empty plate, "Do we have more, Mama? Do we have more?!  We soon had him a new batch from the oven and he was all smiles again. He went to sleep tonight, all of the last batch of tots still neatly arranged on his plate. He didn't eat even one. He just wanted them to study...

  Before dinner,  Ross had been running around the house being bossy, using Tallen's chalk to draw circles on their chalk board, and had smudged the cutest purple stripes on her face. Everyone was talking about how cute she is and laughing at the silly things she was doing. Tallen informed us all that he wants that baby out of here because he is "not babysitting her anymore!" We all got a good laugh from that one...

  Then, when I had to start dinner, I sat Ross in her bed for a few minutes to get her out from under foot. She was pitching a real fit! Renni got tackled at the contorted face she was making as she stomped and scream and couldn't help but laugh. Ross, stopped crying, gave Renni a mean look, and said, "HEY! I'M CRYING!" We  roared laughing at that one! It is so funny to hear such mature speech coming from a little girl who isn't even 2 years old yet...

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!