*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Thursday

Top Ten Thursday


Welcome to Top Ten Thursday! I created this meme to add a little bit of variety to Frump Day ( no longer Hump Day, not yet Friday...) If you would like to participate, just create your own Top Ten post about anything your heart desires and add the link below. Everyone is welcome to join in.  This should get really interesting...

Top Ten Things That Confuse Me ( In No Particular Order)

1.   An exposed female breast is considered taboo in this country...

   I just don't get it.  After all, a woman has breast for the nourishment of children. Somehow, over time, these two, fat filled (if we're lucky lol), vessels for milk, began to be considered a sexual thing,  instead of being respected for the beautiful, perfect source of infant nutrition that they are. It angers me how often women are made to feel dirty and/or are asked to leave a place, because they were simply feeding their child. Because they were making others feel uncomfortable.

  I think that if a person does feel uneasy, when seeing something as natural as a mother feeding her baby, it is obvious that they are the one with some real issues that need to be sorted out. I also feel sure that these same people, were they too see a mother denying her crying child a bottle or any other sort of food, would be tripping over each other to call the authorities. It's time for the stupidity to stop. Maybe, now that the weather is getting warmer, we women should start raising a stink, every time we see a shirtless man in a public place. We should demand that they cover up! I for one, get really grossed out by exposed man boobs, with hairy nipples. ..

2.  Stores That Give Couponers A Hassle...

  Why are people with coupons being treated like thieves by some stores? This is so idiotic. The store will be reimbursed for every cent PLUS another 8 cents for taking that coupon, so it is actually making them money to accept it. With so many people using coupons these days, word spreads like wildfire, when a someone has a bad experience. As precious a a dollar is these days, any store should be grateful that someone has chosen their place to spend their money. It is not very good business sense to hassle someone over something that shouldn't be a hassle at all.

  If that cashier/detective wannabe would stop being so judgemental for a moment and just ask, he/she might learn how they can also use coupons to stretch their dollar further. They might also be surprised to learn that the lady that is being "such a pig" and getting 15 bottles of shampoo, 10 bags of diapers, 5 bags of dog food, and oogads of sanitary napkins, for mere pennies or for free, upon leaving their store, will actually be taking those things and donating them to homeless, abuse, and animal shelters. All of these places have suffered a drastic drop in monetary donations these days. It's a shame that this person was just humiliated in front of other customers, for trying to help out the less fortunate. It happens every day.

  Maybe, if more of us start calling a store that we know has given a person with coupons a hard time and say something to the effect of, "I am considering shopping with you today ,but I have heard that your establishment is not "coupon friendly" and I wanted to check, before wasting my time coming there..." stores will realize that they need to lighten up or suffer a big loss of business.

3.  Signs Offering Braille Menus At Drive-Thru Windows...

  I'm not even trying to be funny. What is up with that? If I am blind, why am I driving? But let's just say I am blind and I did somehow make it to the drive-thru window in my car, how am I supposed to read that sign?

4.  Door-less Stalls In Men's Restrooms...

  I always wondered about this in school but it is also that way in a lot of public restrooms. Does being male = no need for privacy? It just doesn't seem fair. We raise them to have no modesty, then mock them for strolling around with their hairy man boobs exposed...lol

5. This Nation's Love Of Restaurant Food...

   By "nation", I mean "me" lol It occurred to me one day that, even though I am a total germiphobe, who refuses to cook in a dirty kitchen, won't eat food brought to a cookout by a stranger ( because I don't know how clean her kitchen is or if she washes her hands lol) , I am willing to drive up to a sign, tell it my order, have my food passed to me through a hole in the wall, then without ever seeing how it was prepared or who prepared it, I eat it and never give it a second thought. After seeing this in writing, I think I might change that...  I am sure there are others like me, who've just never stopped to think about it.

6. The Plural Form Of Some Words

Why are there geese, but no meese? Mice, but no hice? If there is more than one computer mouse, are those called computer mice, or computer mouses?

7. Garages...

Why keep living the lie? Why pretend anymore?  Just call it what it is, The Junk Room. After our last hail storm, folks from miles around, had tiny dents all over their vehicles. But thanks to their "garages", their broken TVs, outgrown clothing, and unused exercise equipment, were spared from any damage...

8. People With No Sense Of Humor...

For example, the countless cashiers, who never even so much as  smile, when they ask me if I would like my milk in a bag and I respond, " No, just leave it in the jug, please..."

9. Bottled Water...

Why is there no canned water. It works for juice and soda. Then we wouldn't have the issue of all those plastic bottles...

10. Lawn Ornaments...

   I'm not sure how it is in the rest of America, but the darn things are out in epidemic proportions around these parts. I'm talking about yards FILLED with the things. Gnomes, deer, banjo playing frogs, Jesus, birdbaths, jockeys, roosters, elephants, lions, children, all made of concrete or cement and all in the same yard! What is the theme there? I've witnessed this my whole life. It's starts with one piece, usually the birdbath, and each month or so, a few more pieces are added. At first, they mow around them, but eventually, it just becomes too much of a hassle and they stop. Before long, their once groomed lawn, has morphed into this freakish, redneck jungle of sorts. I like to imagine Steve Irwin narrating a tour through their yards... "and ova heeeah, we ave the Cementamus Frogamus, ee looks to be a friendly buggah, but be caaful now, he moit boit!"

  In my little town alone, there are around twenty( not kidding ) of the little shops that make these things. There are even five  of these located on a five mile stretch of highway, two of them are right next door to each other. In between all of these, the road is stuffed with homes that merely look like they are in the business. It's  a garish sight to behold. Shoot! It just occurred to me, I'm going on a little "field trip" this week, just to get some pictures to share with y'all...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!