*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Thursday

Top Ten Thursday



Welcome to Top Ten Thursday! I created this meme to add a little bit of variety to Frump Day ( no longer Hump Day, not yet Friday...) If you would like to participate, just create your own Top Ten post about anything your heart desires and add the link below. Everyone is welcome to join in. This should get really interesting...



Top Ten Reasons That I Am Posting This At Around 4:30 P.M. ET

1. I have been working on my Mighty Monday list. No kidding! I might actually get some of those things finished by next Monday.

2. My house is falling. I only wish I was kidding about that. Yesterday, I decided to move a dresser outside. It was purchased by Hubs and his ex-wife and I hate it. A. Because it's ugly and B. Because it is falling apart. , and C. Why was that bitch allowed to buy furniture, when I'm not?  I have been asking Hubs to do away with it to no avail. It has sat in the same spot in our room, since before it was even "our" room. The sure fired way to push Hubs to haul something away is to drag it outside. Then, he has the added pressure of his friends asking why there is a dresser on the side porch. Anywho, I pull it away from the wall and this is what I found... 




I can show you the pictures of dirty carpet with no shame as those stains can't possibly have been made by myself or my children, as they were under said dresser. I don't know what that white stuff could be, maybe milk... who cares?Here, you can see that the floor has completely sank. More like fallen. You can also see that I was not kidding in a previous post, when I said that my room has beige carpeting with a Hunter freaking Green border. Anyway, that hole really gives me the creeps, now that I am aware of it's existence. I have the urge to park sit by it, ball bat in hand,  waiting for some horrid creature to come wriggling out...

3. Ross decided that last night would be fight night. My bed was hers. Then the love seat was hers. Then the couch. Then my blanket. Then my pillow. Then my knee pillow. All of it was hers. In my sleepy stupor, I kept giving in to her. But, after she couldn't think of anything else to claim as hers, she burst into tears and was inconsolable for at least half an hour. Finally, we both went to sleep. But, she awoke and climbed on top of me, around 5 this morning, and fell back to sleep again.

 At some point, she got shifted and had her foot in my neck. I reached to move it and she impulsively kicked, planting her tiny heel into my eye socket. I swear, I felt it my eyeball move back at least an inch. I rolled into the floor, writhing in pain. I saw bright yellow spots, floating around in the dark. I swear some of them had evil, laughing, faces!. Ross thought the whole scene was hilarious. "What you doing, MomMom?! You're funny MomMom!" Had I not been blind, I probably would have dragged out the yellow pages and searched for eye surgeons and adoption agencies...

4. Tom and Jerry. Tallen loves them. In betwixt episodes of The Ross Show last night, Tallen was laughing hysterically at that cat and mouse, rewinding and laughing some more.

5. Hubs needed some paperwork done. He has a knack for telling me that he needs this, this, and that,  and that XX will be around to pick it up in like 30 minutes...

6. An hour long argument with Hubs about a fan from our greenhouse. He wanted to let a neighbor have it for his horse barn. I reasoned that we should keep it and save having to buy one next year, if we set up the greenhouse. Finally, Hubs explained that by "have", he actually meant "sell". That's fine with me...

7.Generous friends  have given us loads of tomatoes, cucumbers, and sweet corn. The tomatoes are easy to think of what to do with. I am blanching and freezing the corn this afternoon. But I have no clue what I should do with so many cucumbers. I don't want to make pickles...






8. I am mentally preparing to decorate a cake tomorrow. You know, thinking about colors and shapes and flavors etc...

9. I am sorting through some wholesale stuff and getting it ready for re-sale.



10. I'm just plain tired and have brain fog today, so everything is getting done a tad behind schedule...





2 comments:

  1. Stop everything and have a nice glass of chilled white wine. You deserve it!
    Cucumber soup
    Cucumber Salsa
    Helen's Cucumber Raita:
    3 medium cucumbers
    1 cup Plain low-fat yogurt
    1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
    1 tsp Ground cumin
    1 tsp Dried mint leaves or fresh (optional)

    Peel cucumber, cut in half, discard seeds and slice thinly. Mix remaining ingredients together, add cucumbers and stir together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen! All my brain could compute to do with those was Salad ( again! lol ) or pickles. Your ideas sound yummy! I don't have all the ingredients on hand, but am the Queen of Improv,lol . I'll let you know what I come up with.

    Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!