*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Wednesday

Was My Face Red! Wednesday Kids Say the Darndest Things Edition

Was My Face Red! Wednesday






Welcome to Was My Face Red! Wednesday! Most of us have, at one time or another, done something so humiliating, that we wished the floor would open up and consume us. Let's swallow our pride and share those moments with others! Our shame was not in vain, if it can put a smile on someone face! You tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine...

  Everyone is welcome to participate. Just leave the link to your WMFR post below.



Kids Say the Darndest Things Edition

Bless their little hearts, sometimes kids say the funniest things...

When Cina was about three years old, she walked up to me and asked,"Mom, (pointing to her armpit) if this is my armpit, then what is this (pointing to her straddle) my legpit?

When Renni was a preteen and going through horrible mood swings and crying spells, I often told her that I wished she would hurry up and get her period. I accused her of having PreMS. Cina, who was again around age three, must have overheard this because one day, when the house was filled with dinner guests, she put her hands on her hips and said to Renni loudly, "You need to go to the Period Store and buy yourself a period!" Renni's face was bright red and so was mine. We were relieved when she finished by saying, "Because you run all of your sentences together and I can't understand what you're saying!" WHEW!

Cota was probably two and a half, when he snuggled up to my future Mother in Law, lay his arm across her shoulder and said to her, "Have you ever thought about losing a little weight?" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...

When I was about 5 months pregnant with Tallen, Selly asked one day why I couldn't just go ahead and have that baby. She was eager to meet him. Holding up a tiny doll that belonged to her, I explained, "Selly, if the baby came now, he would be no bigger than this little doll." Obviously not understanding that I meant the baby would be in danger, she replied, "Ohhhhhhhhhhh! And then it would just be too hard for us to keep up with him, wouldn't it?"

I have been guilty before of slipping a joke into a conversation that only my husband and I would understand. I learned my lesson about that. Once, when Hubs and I were working on something, he told me to give him about a 9" long piece of duct tape, well being the smarty pants that I am I couldn't resist handing him a piece of tape that was barely 6" long. "Hey!, he said, "You know dang good and well that ain't nine inches of tape!" Smiling I said, "Well, you've always swore to me that much was nine inches!" Hahaha We got the joke, the kids did not, no harm done. Wrong!

A few months later, when that day was long forgotten, we were all outside building something or the other and also had friends here helping us. Hubs told Cina to run to the shed and get him a 10" piece of twine. She came back and handing him a piece about the length of a dollar bill. "I could only find 9", she said. "Nine?, hubs asked, getting annoyed, that's barely over five inches!" Cina shook her head, "No, it's nine inches." They argue back and forth for a little longer and finally Cina says, "Well you've always told Mama that much was NINE INCHES!" His friends roared, he turned purple red in the face, and Cina had no clue what everyone thought was so funny...

Kids...




1 comment:

I love comments!