Nonprofit Job seeker is the go to employment center for people looking for employment in the nonprofit sector. NonprofitJobseeker.com is run by The Non Profit Times the leading business publication for nonprofit management which was established over 20 years ago.management which was established over 20 years ago.
I was amazed to read that the average salary for fundraisers in 2011 was $75,595! Statistics shown in The NonProfit Times´ Salary and Benefits Reports confirm that you can make very respectable salaries working in the sector. Imagine actually getting paid to raise funds for a cause that is near and dear to your heart. Believing in and taking pride in your job is what sends one out the door each day, smiling and eager to get to work. Everyone knows that, when you spend your days doing something you are passionate about and can get paid to do it, it hardly seems like work at all.
From the NonprofitJobseeker.com site...
Not every nonprofit job you apply to will be great. The truth of the matter is that, like any profession, there will be some less than quality jobs out there. That's why it's helpful to know the characteristics of great nonprofit employers. The following are some that are shared by the organizations listed in The NonProfit Times ' 2012 Best Nonprofits to Work For:
- An open and transparent culture;
- Employees have confidence in organizational leadership;
- Employees feel they have a stake in the goals of the organization;
- An environment that fosters a sense of mutual respect;
- A work environment that is challenging but fun;
- Enough opportunities to relax and socialize with other employees;
- An emphasis on advancing employees' skills; and,
- New ideas are encouraged.
I suggest that you head over to the site and check out the great tools available there. You may soon be employed in the job of your dreams!