*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Saturday

Review - Palm Leaf Plates from Marx Foods



Irecently had the chance to try Palm Leaf Plates from Marx Foods and I am so excited to tell you about them! I chose to try the rectangle shape, 6½" x 9½", with a depth of 1”. Until a few weeks ago, I had no idea that such a product even existed.
Here are the details...



Unlike most traditional paper plates, no trees are harmed or destroyed in the production of Palm Leaf Plates.

Palm Leaf Plates are completely bio-degradable and can even be added to your compost pile.

Naturally discarded sheaths of the leaves of the Adaka palm tree, which in the course of its biological life cycle, dry, fall and regenerate, are collected.

The palm sheaths are then cleaned in fresh spring water and molded into bowls, plates, and other disposable dinnerware.

Palm leaf plates are leak proof and able to withstand hot and cold temperatures without getting soggy or flimsy.
 


Upon opening my package of plates, the first thing that struck me is how pretty they are. It was hard to make myself use such a pretty plate just as I would any other disposable plate. But, in the interest of a completely honest product review, I bit the bullet and put these plates to the test. I decided that the best way to test how these plates stood up to various foods would be to eat my dinner on one of these plates, while using our regular plates or paper plates, for the rest of the family. This allowed me to try these with several different types of food. I can now report that they passed with flying colors. I experienced no folding or leakage with the following meals: Pinto Beans, Potato Salad, Slaw, and Corn Bread; Lasagna, Tossed Salad w/ Dressing, and Garlic Bread, Hamburger and Fries; Tacos and Tossed Salad; Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits and Gravy. I suggest you try Palm Leaf Plates at your next cook out or other casual dinner party. You won't be disappointed.

  Marx foods also offers many other great products, including various meats, seafood, and spices. Do yourself a favor and visit their site at http://www.marxfoods.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi DanRiverMama - visiting from SITS :)

    Those plates sound amazing! I bet they look beautiful, too - probably much more beautiful than the average plain white paper plate. They would probably be wonderful for a beach picnic in summer.

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!