*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Thursday

Top Ten Thursday


Welcome to Top Ten Thursday! I created this meme to add a little bit of variety to Frump Day ( no longer Hump Day, not yet Friday...) If you would like to participate, just create your own Top Ten post about anything your heart desires and add the link below. Everyone is welcome to join in. This should get really interesting...




Top Ten Favorite Main Dishes

1. Chicken and Dumplings

The ones from a can do not even compare to those that are homemade. There is an art to cooking these. They're very easy to destroy.

2. Lasagna

Always a favorite. But I ( and my family) have come to prefer the recipe that I got from a cookbook, that a friend in NZ sent me.

3. Baked Chicken That Makes It's Own Gravy

This isn't really a gravy, but more of a cheesy sauce. Excellent over rice, served along with the chicken.

4.Enchiladas

I've pretty much got this recipe down to a science. I do prefer to use my homemade flour tortillas for this dish as I am just not a big fan of corn tortillas and store bought tortillas just never taste as good, once you've made your own. This does add to the prep time though.

5.Corned Beef Hash

The trick to this is precooking the potatoes, before adding the other ingredients. Very low cost and yummy.

6.Tacos

I like these because they can be served in a buffet-like fashion. I prepare the seasoned meat, chop and shred the toppings, then let everyone but the baby do the rest of the work.

7. Stuffed Shells

Sort of like backwards lasagna.

8.Fried Chicken and All the "Fixings"

Just have to have the chicken gravy, mashed potatoes, and biscuits, to go along with this one. Trouble is, by the time I get finished cooking, I am too tired to eat.lol

9. Homemade Hamburgers

I really prefer burgers at home. We have burger from our own cows. It is super-lean, so I add a few secret ingredients and have the best, moist, burgers ever.

10. Pinto Beans

I got sick of these as a child. But, as an adult, I can make them my own way and include all the yummy side dishes. I always add some sort of pork to the beans as they cook. Ham, bacon, something. Then I make homemade cornbread, potato salad or creamed potatoes, homemade coleslaw. These are so good! Plus, the leftovers can be made into re-fried beans to go with Mexican dishes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!