*MY HAREM!* Look At All These Beautiful Faces! Follow Me! And Try To Keep Up, For Pete's Sake!!

Thursday

Top Ten Thursday



Welcome to Top Ten Thursday! I created this meme to add a little bit of variety to Frump Day ( no longer Hump Day, not yet Friday...) If you would like to participate, just create your own Top Ten post about anything your heart desires and add the link below. Everyone is welcome to join in. This should get really interesting...


Top Ten Kitchen Gadgets That I Love


1. Whisk.

I have a large one and a small one. I consider these essential for making gravy. By using a whisk, my gravy is never lumpy.

2. Silicone Basting Brush

I adore these. They're dishwasher safe and clean up so much nicer than the natural bristle kind.

3. Garlic Press

I like this one for obvious reasons. Also, I never have a problem peeling garlic. I just pop it in the press, give it a little squeeze, take the clove back out and the skin slips right off. Then I continue with pressing the clove.

4. Lemon Zester

I've tried other methods, but I find this to be the easiest way to remove citrus zest, while keeping out the white pithy stuff.

5. Turkey Baster

Were it only good for basting a turkey, I would find use for this one about once a year. But I have found that it is perfect for transferring liquids from one small mouthed container to another, when I cant find a funnel. I  also use it to put pancake batter on the pan, as it gives me a perfect circle.

6. Pastry Cutter

I use this to blend shortening into flour, of course. But, I also use it to chop up eggs for salads.

7. Pizza Cutter

This makes quick work of cutting a toddler's food into bite size pieces.

8. Cabbage Chopper

Our grandmothers probably used something similar. I use this for chopping cabbage, onions, even green peppers.

9. Manual Can Opener

If you ever have a power outage that last for a few days The same goes for those bottle top openers that have the pointed end on them. These are a must for opening canned milk or juices.

10. Ice Cube Trays

I know this one sounds a bit "DUH!", but one gets used to having an automatic ice maker in the freezer, then one day realizes that they no longer own any ice cube trays. These are great for freezing individual servings of baby food. When I have fresh herbs that I know I wont be using right away, I chop them up and place a teaspoonful into each cavity of the tray, then fill with water. Once frozen, I put them in a freezer bag and label them. Then, when I need herbs for soups and stews, I can just drop in as many cubes as I need. I also do this with extra onions and garlic. Finally, 1 like to freeze fruit juices into cubes and add one to my iced tea every now and then, just for a change.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!